November “News” 2023 (Olivas Srs)
1. “Daylight Standard Time” goes into effect Sunday
Nov. 5th at 2:00 AM. This does affect Tee Times for
Monday, Nov. 6th. Be sure to set your clocks “back”
2. Our 2023 “Golf Year” officially ends on Mon. Nov. 27th.
This is the last chance to win prize money for 2023.
3. Our 2024 “Golf Year” begins the following Monday,
Dec. 4th. (First chance to win Prize Money for 2024)
4. All Prize Money for 2023 (Including Club Championship
Prize Money) will be distributed at the T. Desk on Mon.
Dec. 4th, and Mon. Dec. 11th.
a. Prize Money not picked up will be mailed the following
5. “2023 End of the Year Celebration” Party!!!
Fri. Dec. 8th. 5:30 PM. Black Bear Diner.
Invitations will be sent out in early November. Wives & Guests Invited!!
A “Fun” Party planned by John Dudik & Jeff Kaplowitz
Come Celebrate the end of another “Great” year with friends & teammates!!
6. Upcoming November Tournaments:
a. Mon. Oct. 30th: 4 Man Scramble (Election of Officers for 2024)
b. Mon. Nov. 6th: Low Net (Time Change)
b. Mon. Nov. 13th: Low Net
c. Mon. Nov. 20th: Low Net
d. Mon. Nov. 27th: Low Net (Last Tournament of 2023)
e. Mon. Dec. 4th: Low Net (First Tournament of 2024) Prize $ Distributed😊
7. Membership Renewal Procedure:
a. When you get your renewal notification, you may renew directly
with SCGA using a credit card or do the following:
1. Write a check for $80 made out to OLSMGC
2. Mail it to our Membership Chair:
3112 Lisbon Ln
Oxnard Ca. 93036
3. The Olivas Srs will pay your SCGA Dues.
4. If you are age 90+ or will be in 2024, you get a Free Membership.
a. Let Jeff Kaplowitz know if you are not already on the “Free” List.
b. Bill Wood and Jim Roth currently receive free memberships. 😊
8. Winter Rules begin Monday Dec. 4th. “Lift, Clean ad Place within 1 club
length, in the fairway only”.